US delivers 3 F-16s to Pakistan
Islamabad: The US on Monday delivered three F-16
aircraft to Pakistan, including a new jet and two that were
returned after being refurbished.
The new F-16 D Block 52 jet and two F-16 Block 15 jets
that had undergone a mid-life upgrade arrived at the Shahbaz
airbase from the US, a Pakistan Air Force spokesman said.
The arrival of the F-16 D Block 52 jet marked the
completion of delivery of 18 new aircraft ordered by Pakistan.
The other two aircraft were earlier sent to the US for a
mid-life upgrade and were delivered to the PAF on time, the
To commemorate the event, a ceremony was held at Shahbaz
The F-16 D Block 52 aircraft is a combat jet equipped with
an advanced avionics suite and weapons with "night precision
attack" capability, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal