US delivers 3 F-16s to Pakistan
Islamabad: The US on Monday delivered three F-16
aircraft to Pakistan, including a new jet and two that were
returned after being refurbished.
The new F-16 D Block 52 jet and two F-16 Block 15 jets
that had undergone a mid-life upgrade arrived at the Shahbaz
airbase from the US, a Pakistan Air Force spokesman said.
The arrival of the F-16 D Block 52 jet marked the
completion of delivery of 18 new aircraft ordered by Pakistan.
The other two aircraft were earlier sent to the US for a
mid-life upgrade and were delivered to the PAF on time, the
To commemorate the event, a ceremony was held at Shahbaz
The F-16 D Block 52 aircraft is a combat jet equipped with
an advanced avionics suite and weapons with "night precision
attack" capability, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks