US delivers 3 F-16s to Pakistan
Islamabad: The US on Monday delivered three F-16
aircraft to Pakistan, including a new jet and two that were
returned after being refurbished.
The new F-16 D Block 52 jet and two F-16 Block 15 jets
that had undergone a mid-life upgrade arrived at the Shahbaz
airbase from the US, a Pakistan Air Force spokesman said.
The arrival of the F-16 D Block 52 jet marked the
completion of delivery of 18 new aircraft ordered by Pakistan.
The other two aircraft were earlier sent to the US for a
mid-life upgrade and were delivered to the PAF on time, the
To commemorate the event, a ceremony was held at Shahbaz
The F-16 D Block 52 aircraft is a combat jet equipped with
an advanced avionics suite and weapons with "night precision
attack" capability, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics