US deported 190 Pakistanis during last 2 years
Islamabad: The United States has deported 190 Pakistanis during the last two years after arresting them under different charges, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Nawabzada Malik Amad Khan has said.
During the Question-Hour session of the National Assembly, Amad said the US Department of Homeland Security does not intimate the embassy or the concerned consulates about the arrests and the place where the accused are detained, until the investigation is completed and the final orders of removal by the court are issued.
“We only come to know when US department of Immigration Custom and Enforcement approach us for issuance of travel document, while prisoners who complete their sentence are repatriated to Pakistan at US expenses,” the Dawn quoted the minister, as saying.
He said it was a common practice among the Pakistani nationals in America to sign the waiver of their right of consular access at the time of their arrest, so the US security agencies did not inform the Pakistan embassy in this regard.
Amad said Pakistani community members in America were generally imprisoned there on charges like overstaying, domestic violence, alcohol abuse, sexual assault and illegal arms possession.
“Even after prosecution and sentencing, the deportees choose to stay back in the US and prefer to contest the removal orders rather than repatriation to Pakistan,” the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview