US dismisses allegations of sponsoring Pak suicide attacks
Islamabad: The US on Wednesday described as
"absurd" and "baseless" Jamaat-e-Islami`s allegation that
America was responsible for a suicide attack on party workers
in Peshawar that killed 24 people.
A statement issued by the US embassy spokesman noted
that the "Jamaat-e-Islami leadership appeared in the media
alleging that the United States was responsible for the
"The United States rejects such absurd, baseless
allegations. The violent extremists who committed the vicious
terror attacks in Peshawar have made it clear that they seek
to kill as many innocent Pakistani citizens, soldiers and law
enforcement officials as possible," the spokesman said.
"Those who attempt to divert public condemnation of
extremist violence show contempt for this week’s victims,
including their own party members, Pakistani officials and
school children”, he added.
A suicide bomber struck in a crowded market in
Peshawar on Monday just as Jamaat-e-Islami workers were
dispersing after a protest against frequent power cuts.
The attack killed 24 people and wounding over 40
people, including Jamaat-e-Islami activists and policemen.
The US had then issued a statement condemning the
attack and expressing sympathy with the victims and their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter