US dismisses allegations of sponsoring Pak suicide attacks
Islamabad: The US on Wednesday described as
"absurd" and "baseless" Jamaat-e-Islami`s allegation that
America was responsible for a suicide attack on party workers
in Peshawar that killed 24 people.
A statement issued by the US embassy spokesman noted
that the "Jamaat-e-Islami leadership appeared in the media
alleging that the United States was responsible for the
"The United States rejects such absurd, baseless
allegations. The violent extremists who committed the vicious
terror attacks in Peshawar have made it clear that they seek
to kill as many innocent Pakistani citizens, soldiers and law
enforcement officials as possible," the spokesman said.
"Those who attempt to divert public condemnation of
extremist violence show contempt for this week’s victims,
including their own party members, Pakistani officials and
school children”, he added.
A suicide bomber struck in a crowded market in
Peshawar on Monday just as Jamaat-e-Islami workers were
dispersing after a protest against frequent power cuts.
The attack killed 24 people and wounding over 40
people, including Jamaat-e-Islami activists and policemen.
The US had then issued a statement condemning the
attack and expressing sympathy with the victims and their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says