US dismisses allegations of sponsoring Pak suicide attacks
Islamabad: The US on Wednesday described as
"absurd" and "baseless" Jamaat-e-Islami`s allegation that
America was responsible for a suicide attack on party workers
in Peshawar that killed 24 people.
A statement issued by the US embassy spokesman noted
that the "Jamaat-e-Islami leadership appeared in the media
alleging that the United States was responsible for the
"The United States rejects such absurd, baseless
allegations. The violent extremists who committed the vicious
terror attacks in Peshawar have made it clear that they seek
to kill as many innocent Pakistani citizens, soldiers and law
enforcement officials as possible," the spokesman said.
"Those who attempt to divert public condemnation of
extremist violence show contempt for this week’s victims,
including their own party members, Pakistani officials and
school children”, he added.
A suicide bomber struck in a crowded market in
Peshawar on Monday just as Jamaat-e-Islami workers were
dispersing after a protest against frequent power cuts.
The attack killed 24 people and wounding over 40
people, including Jamaat-e-Islami activists and policemen.
The US had then issued a statement condemning the
attack and expressing sympathy with the victims and their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22