US donates bomb disposal vans, motorcycles to Pak
Islamabad: The US Wednesday donated four bomb disposal vans and 100 motorcycles to the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in northwest Pakistan.
A ceremony was held at the police headquarters in Peshawar, the provincial capital, to mark the occasion, Xinhua reported quoting the official APP news agency.
The donations were made by the US embassy`s narcotics affairs section under its police assistance programme, the spokesman for the US Consulate in Peshawar said.
US Consul General Marie Richards paid tribute to security forces at the event and said: "I would like to praise the courage and dedication of the police of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa."
"It is their commitment to duty that protects the people of Peshawar and KPK from criminals. I hope that the equipment we are providing today will help them carry out their duties safely and effectively in future," she said.
The US has committed $75 million in aid to the Khyber Pakhtunkwa police to build capacity and improve security across the province. Previous donations have included police vehicles, armoured troop carriers, generators, solar panels, radios, binoculars, first aid supplies and other items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25