US donates bomb disposal vans, motorcycles to Pak
Islamabad: The US Wednesday donated four bomb disposal vans and 100 motorcycles to the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in northwest Pakistan.
A ceremony was held at the police headquarters in Peshawar, the provincial capital, to mark the occasion, Xinhua reported quoting the official APP news agency.
The donations were made by the US embassy`s narcotics affairs section under its police assistance programme, the spokesman for the US Consulate in Peshawar said.
US Consul General Marie Richards paid tribute to security forces at the event and said: "I would like to praise the courage and dedication of the police of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa."
"It is their commitment to duty that protects the people of Peshawar and KPK from criminals. I hope that the equipment we are providing today will help them carry out their duties safely and effectively in future," she said.
The US has committed $75 million in aid to the Khyber Pakhtunkwa police to build capacity and improve security across the province. Previous donations have included police vehicles, armoured troop carriers, generators, solar panels, radios, binoculars, first aid supplies and other items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues