US drone attack kills 12 militants in Pak`s North Waziristan
Islamabad: A US drone strike has reportedly killed at least 12 suspected militants in Shawal area of Pakistan``s North Waziristan, intelligence officials have said.
According to the Daily Times, the targeted compound was in Dray Nashtar village, some 65 kilometres west of North Waziristan``s main town, Miranshah, known to be a haven for Taliban militants.
"A fire erupted in the compound after some four to six missiles hit it," a local tribesman said.
Shawal is a remote area of forested ridges and valleys that spreads out on both sides of the border and has long been known as a haven for militants from Pakistan, Afghanistan and beyond.
Local residents said militants pulled out the dead bodies and those of wounded colleagues after cordoning the area around the compound.
In a drone attack at the start of July, six militants were killed, and an attack on June 4 killed 15 militants, including senior Al-Qaeda figure Abu Yahya al-Libi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list