US drone attack kills 12 militants in Pak`s North Waziristan
Islamabad: A US drone strike has reportedly killed at least 12 suspected militants in Shawal area of Pakistan``s North Waziristan, intelligence officials have said.
According to the Daily Times, the targeted compound was in Dray Nashtar village, some 65 kilometres west of North Waziristan``s main town, Miranshah, known to be a haven for Taliban militants.
"A fire erupted in the compound after some four to six missiles hit it," a local tribesman said.
Shawal is a remote area of forested ridges and valleys that spreads out on both sides of the border and has long been known as a haven for militants from Pakistan, Afghanistan and beyond.
Local residents said militants pulled out the dead bodies and those of wounded colleagues after cordoning the area around the compound.
In a drone attack at the start of July, six militants were killed, and an attack on June 4 killed 15 militants, including senior Al-Qaeda figure Abu Yahya al-Libi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi