US drone attack kills 12 militants in Pak`s North Waziristan
Islamabad: A US drone strike has reportedly killed at least 12 suspected militants in Shawal area of Pakistan``s North Waziristan, intelligence officials have said.
According to the Daily Times, the targeted compound was in Dray Nashtar village, some 65 kilometres west of North Waziristan``s main town, Miranshah, known to be a haven for Taliban militants.
"A fire erupted in the compound after some four to six missiles hit it," a local tribesman said.
Shawal is a remote area of forested ridges and valleys that spreads out on both sides of the border and has long been known as a haven for militants from Pakistan, Afghanistan and beyond.
Local residents said militants pulled out the dead bodies and those of wounded colleagues after cordoning the area around the compound.
In a drone attack at the start of July, six militants were killed, and an attack on June 4 killed 15 militants, including senior Al-Qaeda figure Abu Yahya al-Libi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!