US drone attacks kill 15 in Pakistan``s North Wazirstan Agency
Peshawar: At least 15 people were killed in two separate United States- led drone attacks in Pakistan``s North Wazirstan Agency on Monday.
The first attack at a house in the Khesro village killed nine suspected militants and destroyed the house completely, The Nation reports. Sources said that the house belonged to the militants.
In an another strike, a US drone fired two missiles at a moving vehicle in Miranshah, killing five travellers. It was a fifth drone attack in May that caused civilian losses.
The unmanned drone strikes are carried out by the US on reportedly "high value targets" in Pakistan but the Central Intelligence Agency has never officially acknowledged the programme.
US officials have defended the strikes as a vital tool in combating terrorism but critics point out that the bombings have caused massive civilian losses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal