US drone attacks kill 15 in Pakistan``s North Wazirstan Agency
Peshawar: At least 15 people were killed in two separate United States- led drone attacks in Pakistan``s North Wazirstan Agency on Monday.
The first attack at a house in the Khesro village killed nine suspected militants and destroyed the house completely, The Nation reports. Sources said that the house belonged to the militants.
In an another strike, a US drone fired two missiles at a moving vehicle in Miranshah, killing five travellers. It was a fifth drone attack in May that caused civilian losses.
The unmanned drone strikes are carried out by the US on reportedly "high value targets" in Pakistan but the Central Intelligence Agency has never officially acknowledged the programme.
US officials have defended the strikes as a vital tool in combating terrorism but critics point out that the bombings have caused massive civilian losses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir