US drone kills 6 suspected militants in Pak
Islamabad: Six suspected militants were killed when a US drone targeted a compound in the restive North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan Monday.
The unmanned CIA-operated spy plane fired two missiles at the compound in Mirali region of North Waziristan this evening.
Six persons were killed in the attack, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
On Saturday, three suspected militants were killed when a drone targeted a vehicle in North Waziristan Agency.
The US has continued its drone campaign in the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan despite strong protests from Pakistan.
During a meeting with US Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan Marc Grossman on September 15, President Asif Ali Zardari reiterated Pakistan`s call for an end to drone attacks.
Zardari described the use of drones as counter-productive in the fight against militancy and in the "battle of winning hearts".
He said Pakistan and the US need to find alternatives to drones.
Today`s drone strike occurred hours after Zardari met US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in New York. Zardari is visiting the US to attend the UN General Assembly session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth