US drone kills 6 suspected militants in Pak
Islamabad: Six suspected militants were killed when a US drone targeted a compound in the restive North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan Monday.
The unmanned CIA-operated spy plane fired two missiles at the compound in Mirali region of North Waziristan this evening.
Six persons were killed in the attack, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
On Saturday, three suspected militants were killed when a drone targeted a vehicle in North Waziristan Agency.
The US has continued its drone campaign in the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan despite strong protests from Pakistan.
During a meeting with US Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan Marc Grossman on September 15, President Asif Ali Zardari reiterated Pakistan`s call for an end to drone attacks.
Zardari described the use of drones as counter-productive in the fight against militancy and in the "battle of winning hearts".
He said Pakistan and the US need to find alternatives to drones.
Today`s drone strike occurred hours after Zardari met US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in New York. Zardari is visiting the US to attend the UN General Assembly session.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed