US drone kills four militants in Pakistan
Islamabad: Four suspected militants were killed and several others injured when a US drone targeted a house in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan, security officials said.
The CIA-operated spy plane fired missiles at the house in Datta Khel town of North Waziristan Agency this evening, security officials told TV news channels.
Four suspected militants were killed in the attack, which triggered a fire in the house.
Several militants moved the bodies to an undisclosed location.
Hours before the attack, several drones were seen hovering over the area, local residents said.
The Datta Khel area is considered a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements and has frequently been targeted by US drones over the past few years.
The town had witnessed another drone strike on March 22 that killed four militants.
The drone strikes are opposed by the Pakistani government, which describes them as counter-productive and a violation of the country`s sovereignty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir