US drone kills four militants in Pakistan
Islamabad: Four suspected militants were killed and several others injured when a US drone targeted a house in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan, security officials said.
The CIA-operated spy plane fired missiles at the house in Datta Khel town of North Waziristan Agency this evening, security officials told TV news channels.
Four suspected militants were killed in the attack, which triggered a fire in the house.
Several militants moved the bodies to an undisclosed location.
Hours before the attack, several drones were seen hovering over the area, local residents said.
The Datta Khel area is considered a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements and has frequently been targeted by US drones over the past few years.
The town had witnessed another drone strike on March 22 that killed four militants.
The drone strikes are opposed by the Pakistani government, which describes them as counter-productive and a violation of the country`s sovereignty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you