US drone kills three militants in North Waziristan
Islamabad: A US drone targeted a vehicle in
the volatile North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Monday,
killing three suspected militants, officials said.
The drone fired two missiles at the vehicle as it drove
through a village about 15 km from Miranshah, the main town in
North Waziristan Agency, officials told TV news channels.
This was the fourth drone strike in Waziristan in five
days. Six suspected militants were killed in a missile attack
yesterday while 11 others, including a key Taliban commander,
were killed in strikes in North and South Waziristan on
The Obama administration has stepped up drone strikes in
Pakistan over the past two years. There have been over 50
drone strikes in Pakistan`s tribal belt bordering Afghanistan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch