US drone kills three militants in North Waziristan
Islamabad: A US drone targeted a vehicle in
the volatile North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Monday,
killing three suspected militants, officials said.
The drone fired two missiles at the vehicle as it drove
through a village about 15 km from Miranshah, the main town in
North Waziristan Agency, officials told TV news channels.
This was the fourth drone strike in Waziristan in five
days. Six suspected militants were killed in a missile attack
yesterday while 11 others, including a key Taliban commander,
were killed in strikes in North and South Waziristan on
The Obama administration has stepped up drone strikes in
Pakistan over the past two years. There have been over 50
drone strikes in Pakistan`s tribal belt bordering Afghanistan
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference