US drone kills three militants in North Waziristan
Islamabad: A US drone targeted a vehicle in
the volatile North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Monday,
killing three suspected militants, officials said.
The drone fired two missiles at the vehicle as it drove
through a village about 15 km from Miranshah, the main town in
North Waziristan Agency, officials told TV news channels.
This was the fourth drone strike in Waziristan in five
days. Six suspected militants were killed in a missile attack
yesterday while 11 others, including a key Taliban commander,
were killed in strikes in North and South Waziristan on
The Obama administration has stepped up drone strikes in
Pakistan over the past two years. There have been over 50
drone strikes in Pakistan`s tribal belt bordering Afghanistan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him