US drone kills three militants in North Waziristan
Islamabad: A US drone targeted a vehicle in
the volatile North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Monday,
killing three suspected militants, officials said.
The drone fired two missiles at the vehicle as it drove
through a village about 15 km from Miranshah, the main town in
North Waziristan Agency, officials told TV news channels.
This was the fourth drone strike in Waziristan in five
days. Six suspected militants were killed in a missile attack
yesterday while 11 others, including a key Taliban commander,
were killed in strikes in North and South Waziristan on
The Obama administration has stepped up drone strikes in
Pakistan over the past two years. There have been over 50
drone strikes in Pakistan`s tribal belt bordering Afghanistan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing