US drone kills two in Pak, first hit in Ramadan
Islamabad: At least two persons were killed on Sunday when a US drone targeted a suspected militant`s compound in tribal region close to Afghan border in northwest Pakistan, the first strike in the month of Ramadan.
The CIA-operated drone fired two missiles at a time, targeting a motorcycle and a compound in village Dawar Musaki tehsil Mir Ali in North Waziristan Agency, sources said.
The strike killed two people, they said, adding that it took place after at 11 pm.
In the month of Ramadan, this was the first attack in North Waziristan.
The identity of those targeted in the strike could not be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why