US drone kills two in Pak, first hit in Ramadan
Islamabad: At least two persons were killed on Sunday when a US drone targeted a suspected militant`s compound in tribal region close to Afghan border in northwest Pakistan, the first strike in the month of Ramadan.
The CIA-operated drone fired two missiles at a time, targeting a motorcycle and a compound in village Dawar Musaki tehsil Mir Ali in North Waziristan Agency, sources said.
The strike killed two people, they said, adding that it took place after at 11 pm.
In the month of Ramadan, this was the first attack in North Waziristan.
The identity of those targeted in the strike could not be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London