US drone strike kills 4 militants in Pakistan
Islamabad/Peshawar: At least four suspected militants were killed when a US drone fired missiles on a compound in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan region.
The CIA-operated spy plane fired two missiles at a house near Dargah Mandi, days after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif raised the issue of drone attacks at the UN and said it "is a continued violation of our territorial integrity."
He asked the US to stop drone attacks as such strikes were "detrimental to our resolve and efforts to eliminate extremism and terrorism from Pakistan".
Security sources said four militants were killed in the today`s attack.
Condemning the drone strike, Pakistan Foreign Ministry said these unilateral strikes are a violation of country`s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Pakistan has repeatedly emphasized the importance of bringing an immediate end to drone strikes, it said.
Earlier, at least six people were killed in a US drone strike on a militant compound in North Waziristan on September 22, officials said.
At least four people were killed when a US drone targeted a house with missiles in North Waziristan on August 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'