US drone strike kills 4 militants in Pakistan
Islamabad/Peshawar: At least four suspected militants were killed when a US drone fired missiles on a compound in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan region.
The CIA-operated spy plane fired two missiles at a house near Dargah Mandi, days after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif raised the issue of drone attacks at the UN and said it "is a continued violation of our territorial integrity."
He asked the US to stop drone attacks as such strikes were "detrimental to our resolve and efforts to eliminate extremism and terrorism from Pakistan".
Security sources said four militants were killed in the today`s attack.
Condemning the drone strike, Pakistan Foreign Ministry said these unilateral strikes are a violation of country`s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Pakistan has repeatedly emphasized the importance of bringing an immediate end to drone strikes, it said.
Earlier, at least six people were killed in a US drone strike on a militant compound in North Waziristan on September 22, officials said.
At least four people were killed when a US drone targeted a house with missiles in North Waziristan on August 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read