US drone strike kills 4 militants in Pakistan
Islamabad/Peshawar: At least four suspected militants were killed when a US drone fired missiles on a compound in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan region.
The CIA-operated spy plane fired two missiles at a house near Dargah Mandi, days after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif raised the issue of drone attacks at the UN and said it "is a continued violation of our territorial integrity."
He asked the US to stop drone attacks as such strikes were "detrimental to our resolve and efforts to eliminate extremism and terrorism from Pakistan".
Security sources said four militants were killed in the today`s attack.
Condemning the drone strike, Pakistan Foreign Ministry said these unilateral strikes are a violation of country`s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Pakistan has repeatedly emphasized the importance of bringing an immediate end to drone strikes, it said.
Earlier, at least six people were killed in a US drone strike on a militant compound in North Waziristan on September 22, officials said.
At least four people were killed when a US drone targeted a house with missiles in North Waziristan on August 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium