US drone strike kills 4 Taliban militants in Pak
Islamabad: A US drone aircraft targeted a
house and a vehicle in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan
tribal region on Sunday, killing four Taliban militants.
The unmanned spy plane fired two missiles at the house
and the vehicle near Mirali, a key town 30 km from Miranshah,
the centre of North Waziristan Agency.
Correspondents in the region said those killed were local
Taliban militants though there was no official word on the
Local residents pulled bodies out of the vehicle, which
was destroyed in the attack. They said that the drones
continued to hover over the area after the strike.
This was the first US drone strike in September and
coincided with the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks
in the US.
Despite public protests by Pakistan, US drones routinely
target suspected hideouts of militants in the Waziristan
region, which the US considers the stronghold of Taliban and
al Qaeda elements.
Rights groups and tribesmen have said that most of those
killed in the strikes are civilians, including women and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar