US drone strike kills 4 Taliban militants in Pak
Islamabad: A US drone aircraft targeted a
house and a vehicle in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan
tribal region on Sunday, killing four Taliban militants.
The unmanned spy plane fired two missiles at the house
and the vehicle near Mirali, a key town 30 km from Miranshah,
the centre of North Waziristan Agency.
Correspondents in the region said those killed were local
Taliban militants though there was no official word on the
Local residents pulled bodies out of the vehicle, which
was destroyed in the attack. They said that the drones
continued to hover over the area after the strike.
This was the first US drone strike in September and
coincided with the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks
in the US.
Despite public protests by Pakistan, US drones routinely
target suspected hideouts of militants in the Waziristan
region, which the US considers the stronghold of Taliban and
al Qaeda elements.
Rights groups and tribesmen have said that most of those
killed in the strikes are civilians, including women and
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today
- Shashank Manohar to step down as BCCI boss for ICC chairman's post?