US drone strike kills 4 Taliban militants in Pak
Islamabad: A US drone aircraft targeted a
house and a vehicle in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan
tribal region on Sunday, killing four Taliban militants.
The unmanned spy plane fired two missiles at the house
and the vehicle near Mirali, a key town 30 km from Miranshah,
the centre of North Waziristan Agency.
Correspondents in the region said those killed were local
Taliban militants though there was no official word on the
Local residents pulled bodies out of the vehicle, which
was destroyed in the attack. They said that the drones
continued to hover over the area after the strike.
This was the first US drone strike in September and
coincided with the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks
in the US.
Despite public protests by Pakistan, US drones routinely
target suspected hideouts of militants in the Waziristan
region, which the US considers the stronghold of Taliban and
al Qaeda elements.
Rights groups and tribesmen have said that most of those
killed in the strikes are civilians, including women and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH