US drone strike kills 6 militants in northwest Pak
Peshawar: Six militants were killed on Wednesday
in a US drone strike in the restive North Waziristan tribal
area of northwest Pakistan, security officials said.
The drone fired two missiles at a house in Darpa Khel
town, 25 km west of Miranshah, the main town of North
The house was believed to be a hideout of the Haqqani
militant network, officials said.
At least three of the militants killed in the strike
were members of the Haqqani network, which the US military has
blamed for attacks on American and NATO troops across the
border in Afghanistan.
In recent weeks, the US has significantly increased
drone strikes in Pakistan`s unruly tribal areas, which it
calls the global headquarters of al-Qaeda and dreaded Haqqani
Over 140 people have been killed in more than two
dozen missile since early September in the region.
Among those killed include a British terror suspect
who was to head al Qaeda group in the UK `The Islamic Army of
Great Britain` and was tasked to carry out Mumbai-style
attacks on London, Paris and other European cities.
More than 1,100 people have been killed in 141 US
drone missile strikes in the area since August 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video