US drone strike kills four militants in Pakistan: Officials
Miranshah: Missiles fired from a US drone aircraft killed four militants at a compound in
northwest Pakistan`s lawless tribal region bordering Afghanistan today, security officials said.
The attack was the third since Sunday in North Waziristan district, which is infested with Taliban and Al-Qaeda-linked fighters.
The drone fired two missiles into a militant compound in Tabi Tolkhel village, close to the Afghan border, a security official said.
"According to initial reports four militants were killed and two wounded," the official said, requesting anonymity.
A local administration official confirmed the toll and said it was a US drone strike targeting a compound belonging to a Taliban commander.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen