US drone strike kills four militants in Pakistan: Officials
Miranshah: Missiles fired from a US drone aircraft killed four militants at a compound in
northwest Pakistan`s lawless tribal region bordering Afghanistan today, security officials said.
The attack was the third since Sunday in North Waziristan district, which is infested with Taliban and Al-Qaeda-linked fighters.
The drone fired two missiles into a militant compound in Tabi Tolkhel village, close to the Afghan border, a security official said.
"According to initial reports four militants were killed and two wounded," the official said, requesting anonymity.
A local administration official confirmed the toll and said it was a US drone strike targeting a compound belonging to a Taliban commander.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?