US drone strike kills six in Pakistan
Islamabad: US drones targeted a compound and a vehicle in the restive North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Sunday, killing six militants, officials said.
The drones fired six missiles at the compound and the car in Khushali Turikhel village of North Waziristan Agency, security officials told the media.
Reports said the men killed in the attack were Uzbek militants.
The village is located 35 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan, which is considered a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
This was the first US drone strike since the beginning of the Islamic holy month of Ramzan.
The strike occurred shortly after authorities clamped a curfew in the region for the routine movement of security forces.
The strike also came days before a visit to the US by Inter-Services Intelligence chief Lt Gen Zahir-ul-Islam, who is expected to raise Pakistan`s demand for ending drone attacks during talks with American officials.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know