US drone strike kills six in Pakistan
Islamabad: US drones targeted a compound and a vehicle in the restive North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Sunday, killing six militants, officials said.
The drones fired six missiles at the compound and the car in Khushali Turikhel village of North Waziristan Agency, security officials told the media.
Reports said the men killed in the attack were Uzbek militants.
The village is located 35 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan, which is considered a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
This was the first US drone strike since the beginning of the Islamic holy month of Ramzan.
The strike occurred shortly after authorities clamped a curfew in the region for the routine movement of security forces.
The strike also came days before a visit to the US by Inter-Services Intelligence chief Lt Gen Zahir-ul-Islam, who is expected to raise Pakistan`s demand for ending drone attacks during talks with American officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP