US drone strike kills six in Pakistan
Islamabad: US drones targeted a compound and a vehicle in the restive North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Sunday, killing six militants, officials said.
The drones fired six missiles at the compound and the car in Khushali Turikhel village of North Waziristan Agency, security officials told the media.
Reports said the men killed in the attack were Uzbek militants.
The village is located 35 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan, which is considered a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
This was the first US drone strike since the beginning of the Islamic holy month of Ramzan.
The strike occurred shortly after authorities clamped a curfew in the region for the routine movement of security forces.
The strike also came days before a visit to the US by Inter-Services Intelligence chief Lt Gen Zahir-ul-Islam, who is expected to raise Pakistan`s demand for ending drone attacks during talks with American officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere