US drone strikes kills 2 militants in N Waziristan
Islamabad: US drones today struck again
in Pakistan`s lawless north Waziristan tribal region,
targeting a vehicle carrying militants, killing two of them.
A missile hit the vehicle as the militants were
parking it outside a home in Datakhel village, 30 km from
Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency.
Two militants were killed in the attack, TV news
channels reported. There was no official word on the incident.
Hundreds of people, including top militant commanders
like Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, have
been killed in drone attacks since the middle of last year.
North Waziristan borders south Waziristan where
Pakistan army is carrying out a military campaign against the
American media has reported that the White House has
authorised CIA to expand the use of predators drones to track
down and killed suspected Taliban and al-Qaeda terrorists.
A US counter-terrorism official claimed last week that
a top al-Qaeda operative was killed in the strike the same
region on December 8.
Since August 2008, more than 66 such drone strikes
have killed around 627 people, including Pakistan Taliban
chief Baitullah Mehsud, al-Qaeda commander Rashid Rauf and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say