US embassy issues alert for Americans in Pakistan
Islamabad: The US embassy in Islamabad has issued a threat alert for Americans in Pakistan, especially in the capital, and asked them to keep a low profile.
Xinhua said the embassy drew attention of Americans that the Pakistani interior ministry Sunday issued a general threat alert on possible terrorist attacks in Islamabad.
It said the attacks will be against key government installations in Islamabad`s "Red Zone" and on five-star hotels in the city.
"The US embassy in Islamabad advises all US citizens to avoid these areas, remain vigilant, keep a low profile, and continue to exercise caution while in Pakistan," said the message posted on the US embassy website.
It was the second alert message issued to Americans in Pakistan in a month. US citizens were earlier warned of possible attacks during protests against an anti-Islam movie made in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar