US embassy issues alert for Americans in Pakistan
Islamabad: The US embassy in Islamabad has issued a threat alert for Americans in Pakistan, especially in the capital, and asked them to keep a low profile.
Xinhua said the embassy drew attention of Americans that the Pakistani interior ministry Sunday issued a general threat alert on possible terrorist attacks in Islamabad.
It said the attacks will be against key government installations in Islamabad`s "Red Zone" and on five-star hotels in the city.
"The US embassy in Islamabad advises all US citizens to avoid these areas, remain vigilant, keep a low profile, and continue to exercise caution while in Pakistan," said the message posted on the US embassy website.
It was the second alert message issued to Americans in Pakistan in a month. US citizens were earlier warned of possible attacks during protests against an anti-Islam movie made in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened