US embassy issues alert for Americans in Pakistan
Islamabad: The US embassy in Islamabad has issued a threat alert for Americans in Pakistan, especially in the capital, and asked them to keep a low profile.
Xinhua said the embassy drew attention of Americans that the Pakistani interior ministry Sunday issued a general threat alert on possible terrorist attacks in Islamabad.
It said the attacks will be against key government installations in Islamabad`s "Red Zone" and on five-star hotels in the city.
"The US embassy in Islamabad advises all US citizens to avoid these areas, remain vigilant, keep a low profile, and continue to exercise caution while in Pakistan," said the message posted on the US embassy website.
It was the second alert message issued to Americans in Pakistan in a month. US citizens were earlier warned of possible attacks during protests against an anti-Islam movie made in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar