US envoy Munter denies ever meeting Hafiz Saeed
Islamabad: The US Embassy has categorically rejected an op-ed published in a Pakistan daily that claimed a meeting took place between US ambassador Cameron Munter and Jamaat ud Daawa chief Hafiz Saeed.
“Ambassador Munter has never met with Hafiz Saeed,” said an embassy statement, mentioning the op-ed titled ‘For how long?’ that appeared on May 9.
“No US official has made any promises to, or agreements with Hafiz Saeed,” the embassy said.
The statement said Hafiz Saeed is a wanted terrorist responsible for the Mumbai 2008 attack that killed 166, including six Americans, reports a newspaper.
“He is subject to UN Security Council Resolution 1267/1989 sanctions. There is an international responsibility to bring the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks to justice,” the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'