‘US failed to consult Afghans on airstrike’
Kabul: The Afghan leader says the United States failed to consult Afghan forces when calling in an airstrike this week that killed civilians.
President Hamid Karzai also warned his government will in the future consider any such actions as violating a pact signed between Afghanistan and the United States.
Karzai`s comments were relayed to the media by the president`s spokesman, Aimal Faizi.
Faizi says Karzai met with Afghan investigators on Saturday and concluded that the airstrike was a "one-sided decision" by US troops.
A memorandum of understanding between the US and Afghanistan states that the Afghans should be in charge of special operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’