‘US failed to consult Afghans on airstrike’
Kabul: The Afghan leader says the United States failed to consult Afghan forces when calling in an airstrike this week that killed civilians.
President Hamid Karzai also warned his government will in the future consider any such actions as violating a pact signed between Afghanistan and the United States.
Karzai`s comments were relayed to the media by the president`s spokesman, Aimal Faizi.
Faizi says Karzai met with Afghan investigators on Saturday and concluded that the airstrike was a "one-sided decision" by US troops.
A memorandum of understanding between the US and Afghanistan states that the Afghans should be in charge of special operations.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!
- One killed in Sydney mall shooting
- Eva Mendes' brother Carlos loses cancer battle
- Swamy challenges expunging of comments in RS