US for free, fair and timely polls in Pakistan
Washington: The United States on Friday said it looks forward to timely, free and fair elections in Pakistan, as the country`s parliament successfully completes its five year term.
"The Pakistani parliament is planning to complete its term tomorrow. We look forward to timely, free and fair elections that will result in the first civilian democratic transition in Pakistan`s history," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference.
Responding to questions, Nuland said the US supports direct dialogue between India and Pakistan to improve their relationships.
"We have been strongly supporting, both on the Indian side and the Pakistani side, direct dialogue between them, an improvement in their relationship. They`ve already made some good strides on the economic side, on the visa side," she said.
"We want that to continue. We want it to be expanded to some of these security concerns that they have with each other," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets