US general meets Pakistani Army officials
Islamabad: A top US Army officer has met Pakistani Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and other senior military and security officials during his visit to the country.
US Central Command (CENTCOM) Commander General James Mattis met General Kayani and General Wynne, Pakistan`s chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, to share perspectives on the current relationship between the two militaries and to review the way ahead, Associated Press of Pakistan cited the US embassy as saying.
This is General Mattis` fifth visit to Pakistan in his 11 months as CENTCOM commander.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living