US investigating attack on its Embassy in Kabul
Washington: The US is investigating into the
attack on an American Embassy annex in Kabul by a gunman that killed two persons, including an American citizen, a senior US official has said.
"There was a shooting incident that took place at an annex
of the US Embassy in Kabul. That was Sunday evening. The
attack is still clearly under investigation," State Department
spokesman Mark Toner said.
He confirmed that that one US citizen was killed, another
was wounded, and was evacuated to a military hospital with
non-life threatening injuries.
"We certainly mourn the loss of life in the incident and
express our heartfelt condolences to the family," he said.
"The matter is under investigation. And I think we don’t
have any clear idea of who was responsible," Toner said.
The Embassy, he said, has resumed normal business
"The motivation for the attack is still unclear. It’s
under investigation. Initial reports are that the lone gunman
in this incident was an Afghan Embassy employee, who was
subsequently killed in the attack," Toner said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch