US investigating attack on its Embassy in Kabul
Washington: The US is investigating into the
attack on an American Embassy annex in Kabul by a gunman that killed two persons, including an American citizen, a senior US official has said.
"There was a shooting incident that took place at an annex
of the US Embassy in Kabul. That was Sunday evening. The
attack is still clearly under investigation," State Department
spokesman Mark Toner said.
He confirmed that that one US citizen was killed, another
was wounded, and was evacuated to a military hospital with
non-life threatening injuries.
"We certainly mourn the loss of life in the incident and
express our heartfelt condolences to the family," he said.
"The matter is under investigation. And I think we don’t
have any clear idea of who was responsible," Toner said.
The Embassy, he said, has resumed normal business
"The motivation for the attack is still unclear. It’s
under investigation. Initial reports are that the lone gunman
in this incident was an Afghan Embassy employee, who was
subsequently killed in the attack," Toner said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH