US is ‘real enemy’ of Pakistan: Iran’s top leader
Tehran: Iran’s state TV says the country’s supreme leader has told Pakistan’s President that the United States is Pakistan’s real enemy.
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei spoke on Saturday during a meeting with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari. It was Zardari’s second visit to Iran in less than a month.
Khamenei has the final say on all state matters in Iran.
The US-Pakistan relationship has been on a downward spiral since the May 02 US raid that killed al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in a Pakistani garrison town.
Pakistani leaders have protested the unilateral raid by kicking out many American military trainers and asking the US to reduce its footprint in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof