US is ‘real enemy’ of Pakistan: Iran’s top leader
Tehran: Iran’s state TV says the country’s supreme leader has told Pakistan’s President that the United States is Pakistan’s real enemy.
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei spoke on Saturday during a meeting with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari. It was Zardari’s second visit to Iran in less than a month.
Khamenei has the final say on all state matters in Iran.
The US-Pakistan relationship has been on a downward spiral since the May 02 US raid that killed al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in a Pakistani garrison town.
Pakistani leaders have protested the unilateral raid by kicking out many American military trainers and asking the US to reduce its footprint in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?