US labels Pak-based Mullah Nazir`s militant group `Global Terrorists`
Islamabad: The US State Department has designated the Commander Nazir Group and its leader Malang Wazir as ` Specially Designated Global Terrorists`.
In a statement, the State Department said the Nazir Group has run training camps for terrorists, dispatched suicide bombers, provided sanctuary for al Qaeda fighters and conducted cross-border operations against the US and its allies in Afghanistan, reports The Express Tribune.
The statement further said the Nazir group is also responsible for assassinations and intimidation operations against civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Mullah Nazir was killed in a drone strike early this year, and the group has chosen Malang Wazir as part of the top leadership.
The group has also reportedly issued a statement that they would continue to support Al -Qaeda and attacks in Afghanistan . The group has also claimed responsibility for attacks in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal