US labels Pak-based Mullah Nazir`s militant group `Global Terrorists`
Islamabad: The US State Department has designated the Commander Nazir Group and its leader Malang Wazir as ` Specially Designated Global Terrorists`.
In a statement, the State Department said the Nazir Group has run training camps for terrorists, dispatched suicide bombers, provided sanctuary for al Qaeda fighters and conducted cross-border operations against the US and its allies in Afghanistan, reports The Express Tribune.
The statement further said the Nazir group is also responsible for assassinations and intimidation operations against civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Mullah Nazir was killed in a drone strike early this year, and the group has chosen Malang Wazir as part of the top leadership.
The group has also reportedly issued a statement that they would continue to support Al -Qaeda and attacks in Afghanistan . The group has also claimed responsibility for attacks in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa