US labels Pak-based Mullah Nazir`s militant group `Global Terrorists`
Islamabad: The US State Department has designated the Commander Nazir Group and its leader Malang Wazir as ` Specially Designated Global Terrorists`.
In a statement, the State Department said the Nazir Group has run training camps for terrorists, dispatched suicide bombers, provided sanctuary for al Qaeda fighters and conducted cross-border operations against the US and its allies in Afghanistan, reports The Express Tribune.
The statement further said the Nazir group is also responsible for assassinations and intimidation operations against civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Mullah Nazir was killed in a drone strike early this year, and the group has chosen Malang Wazir as part of the top leadership.
The group has also reportedly issued a statement that they would continue to support Al -Qaeda and attacks in Afghanistan . The group has also claimed responsibility for attacks in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video