US labels Pak-based Mullah Nazir`s militant group `Global Terrorists`
Islamabad: The US State Department has designated the Commander Nazir Group and its leader Malang Wazir as ` Specially Designated Global Terrorists`.
In a statement, the State Department said the Nazir Group has run training camps for terrorists, dispatched suicide bombers, provided sanctuary for al Qaeda fighters and conducted cross-border operations against the US and its allies in Afghanistan, reports The Express Tribune.
The statement further said the Nazir group is also responsible for assassinations and intimidation operations against civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Mullah Nazir was killed in a drone strike early this year, and the group has chosen Malang Wazir as part of the top leadership.
The group has also reportedly issued a statement that they would continue to support Al -Qaeda and attacks in Afghanistan . The group has also claimed responsibility for attacks in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter