US labels Pak-based Mullah Nazir`s militant group `Global Terrorists`
Islamabad: The US State Department has designated the Commander Nazir Group and its leader Malang Wazir as ` Specially Designated Global Terrorists`.
In a statement, the State Department said the Nazir Group has run training camps for terrorists, dispatched suicide bombers, provided sanctuary for al Qaeda fighters and conducted cross-border operations against the US and its allies in Afghanistan, reports The Express Tribune.
The statement further said the Nazir group is also responsible for assassinations and intimidation operations against civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Mullah Nazir was killed in a drone strike early this year, and the group has chosen Malang Wazir as part of the top leadership.
The group has also reportedly issued a statement that they would continue to support Al -Qaeda and attacks in Afghanistan . The group has also claimed responsibility for attacks in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information