US lawmakers to hear from Musharraf on Afghan strategy
Washington: Former Pakistan President
Pervez Musharraf will meet privately with US lawmakers on
September 29 to discuss the changing US strategy for fighting
the war in Afghanistan, according to an email.
Representative Steve Buyer, the top Republican on the
House Veterans Affairs Committee, has invited fellow lawmakers
to sit down with Musharraf, according to the message from his
The message notes that the top US commander in
Afghanistan, General Stanley McChrystal, recently delivered
his assessment of the situation in Afghanistan and
recommendations for winning the nearly eight-year-old war.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai