US makes all decisions in own favour: Pak envoy
Washington: The United States makes all its decisions in its own favour, Pakistan’s Ambassador to the US Hussain Haqqani has said.
Addressing a press conference in Washington, Haqqani said that only the opposition lobby gains from tense relations between US and Pakistan, while viable relations between the two countries are in the best interest of the entire region.
Pakistan is making maximum efforts to iron out the differences between both nations, he said, adding that the Pak-US ties, strained due to the Raymond Davis episode, could be normalised through dialogue.
Haqqani also said that the current Pak-US dialogue being led by Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir is part of a series of strategic talks aimed at removing misgivings and misunderstandings between the two ‘friends’.
He said that the first phase of the dialogue would be held at the State Department and the second phase at the Pakistan embassy.
“We are making all-out efforts to establish an air of confidence between the two countries,” The News quoted Haqqani, as saying.
Bashir is in Washington for two-day talks at the invitation of US Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan, Marc Grossman, who will lead the American side in the meetings, also to be attended by Assistant Secretary of State Robert Blake and Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources, Thomas Nides.
Haqqani further said the US has assured that Pakistan would be taken on board about the future of Afghanistan, and also confirmed that US President Barack Obama would visit Pakistan during this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre