US makes all decisions in own favour: Pak envoy
Washington: The United States makes all its decisions in its own favour, Pakistan’s Ambassador to the US Hussain Haqqani has said.
Addressing a press conference in Washington, Haqqani said that only the opposition lobby gains from tense relations between US and Pakistan, while viable relations between the two countries are in the best interest of the entire region.
Pakistan is making maximum efforts to iron out the differences between both nations, he said, adding that the Pak-US ties, strained due to the Raymond Davis episode, could be normalised through dialogue.
Haqqani also said that the current Pak-US dialogue being led by Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir is part of a series of strategic talks aimed at removing misgivings and misunderstandings between the two ‘friends’.
He said that the first phase of the dialogue would be held at the State Department and the second phase at the Pakistan embassy.
“We are making all-out efforts to establish an air of confidence between the two countries,” The News quoted Haqqani, as saying.
Bashir is in Washington for two-day talks at the invitation of US Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan, Marc Grossman, who will lead the American side in the meetings, also to be attended by Assistant Secretary of State Robert Blake and Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources, Thomas Nides.
Haqqani further said the US has assured that Pakistan would be taken on board about the future of Afghanistan, and also confirmed that US President Barack Obama would visit Pakistan during this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured