US makes all decisions in own favour: Pak envoy
Washington: The United States makes all its decisions in its own favour, Pakistan’s Ambassador to the US Hussain Haqqani has said.
Addressing a press conference in Washington, Haqqani said that only the opposition lobby gains from tense relations between US and Pakistan, while viable relations between the two countries are in the best interest of the entire region.
Pakistan is making maximum efforts to iron out the differences between both nations, he said, adding that the Pak-US ties, strained due to the Raymond Davis episode, could be normalised through dialogue.
Haqqani also said that the current Pak-US dialogue being led by Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir is part of a series of strategic talks aimed at removing misgivings and misunderstandings between the two ‘friends’.
He said that the first phase of the dialogue would be held at the State Department and the second phase at the Pakistan embassy.
“We are making all-out efforts to establish an air of confidence between the two countries,” The News quoted Haqqani, as saying.
Bashir is in Washington for two-day talks at the invitation of US Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan, Marc Grossman, who will lead the American side in the meetings, also to be attended by Assistant Secretary of State Robert Blake and Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources, Thomas Nides.
Haqqani further said the US has assured that Pakistan would be taken on board about the future of Afghanistan, and also confirmed that US President Barack Obama would visit Pakistan during this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting
- West Indies legend Vivian Richards hails Virat Kohli's 'magnificent' innings
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause