US man arrested for carrying 30 cartridges on PIA flight
Islamabad: A 70-year-old American man has been arrested in Pakistan for allegedly carrying 30 cartridges in his luggage at an airport in Lahore.
According to reports, Gerry Williams was scheduled to board a London-bound flight of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) when the bullets were found in his baggage on Thursday.
Williams was arrested for further questioning, as he could not produce any license to carry the ammunition, Xinhua news agency reports.
The 70-year-old was a retired principal of a missionary school in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress