US man arrested for carrying 30 cartridges on PIA flight
Islamabad: A 70-year-old American man has been arrested in Pakistan for allegedly carrying 30 cartridges in his luggage at an airport in Lahore.
According to reports, Gerry Williams was scheduled to board a London-bound flight of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) when the bullets were found in his baggage on Thursday.
Williams was arrested for further questioning, as he could not produce any license to carry the ammunition, Xinhua news agency reports.
The 70-year-old was a retired principal of a missionary school in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi