US man arrested for carrying 30 cartridges on PIA flight
Islamabad: A 70-year-old American man has been arrested in Pakistan for allegedly carrying 30 cartridges in his luggage at an airport in Lahore.
According to reports, Gerry Williams was scheduled to board a London-bound flight of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) when the bullets were found in his baggage on Thursday.
Williams was arrested for further questioning, as he could not produce any license to carry the ammunition, Xinhua news agency reports.
The 70-year-old was a retired principal of a missionary school in Lahore.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- China imposes controversial new controls on foreign NGOs
- UN chief slams `increasingly restrictive` EU refugee policies
- Mexican soldiers, police to face torture trial
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit