US Marine kills Afghan policeman after dispute
Kabul: A US Marine shot and killed an Afghan policeman after an argument today in southern Afghanistan, NATO said.
The military coalition said the two men had a dispute at a patrol base in Sangin, a volatile district of Helmand province.
After the dispute, the Afghan policeman reportedly made threats and handled his weapon carelessly, NATO said. The Marine reported the behaviour to his superiors.
NATO said the Afghan policeman left his post but returned and pointed his gun at the Marine, who shouted at him to put the weapon down. When he didn`t, the Marine fired two rounds, killing the Afghan policeman, NATO said.
In the east, the coalition reported that a joint Afghan and NATO force killed several armed insurgents while tracking a Taliban operator in Nirkh district of Wardak province, west of Kabul. Eight militants were killed in the four-hour operation, which ended at 4 am today, according to the governor`s office of Wardak province. Security forces recovered a machine gun, a rocket-propelled grenade launcher, several AK-47s and ammunition from the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145