US needs to respect Pak sovereignty: Nawaz Sharif
Lahore: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has said American drone strikes are violating the sovereignty and independence of Pakistan, and called on Washington to respect Islamabad.
Sharif said this during a meeting with acting US Ambassador to Pakistan Richard E Hoagland. US Counsel General in Lahore Nina Fite, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and opposition leader in the Senate Ishaq Dar also attended the meeting, reports the Daily Times.
Sharif said the US should respect Pakistan`s sovereignty, and that both sides should try to understand ground realities and requirements of each other. He emphasised on the need to strengthen bilateral relations between the two countries.
Sharif also called for early and mutually satisfactory resolution of the Dr Aafia Siddiqui case, saying that this would remove an irritant and would be a good headway towards strengthening US-Pakistan relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it