US needs to respect Pak sovereignty: Nawaz Sharif
Lahore: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has said American drone strikes are violating the sovereignty and independence of Pakistan, and called on Washington to respect Islamabad.
Sharif said this during a meeting with acting US Ambassador to Pakistan Richard E Hoagland. US Counsel General in Lahore Nina Fite, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and opposition leader in the Senate Ishaq Dar also attended the meeting, reports the Daily Times.
Sharif said the US should respect Pakistan`s sovereignty, and that both sides should try to understand ground realities and requirements of each other. He emphasised on the need to strengthen bilateral relations between the two countries.
Sharif also called for early and mutually satisfactory resolution of the Dr Aafia Siddiqui case, saying that this would remove an irritant and would be a good headway towards strengthening US-Pakistan relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly