US objects to Americans` harassment in Pakistan
Islamabad: The US has expressed concern over Americans` harassment in Pakistan and sought withdrawal of no-objection certificates required for US envoys` movement. This came as an American aid expert was kidnapped by gunmen in Lahore.
On Saturday, US senator John McCain called on Pakistan`s Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and discussed ways to improve Pakistan-US relations besides joint cooperation for counter terrorism efforts, Geo News reported.
During the meeting, McCain mentioned his concerns about Americans being harassed in the Pakistan and withdrawal of the requirement of NOC for the movement of US envoys, said the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) of Pakistan Defence forces.
On Saturday, about a dozen gunmen abducted a US national after breaking into his house in a locality in Lahore.
The American aid expert was kidnapped after eight gunmen stormed through the backdoor of his house and overpowered his guards, police said.
As per the US embassy, the man, who police said was in his 60s, had been identified as Warren Weinstein and that he worked for a private company.
Earlier this week, the US had issued a travel advisory for its citizens, saying Americans including aid workers and journalists were falsely being identified as spies in Pakistan, a media report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof