US offers USD 30 mn bounty for Haqqani Network leaders
Washington: The US government has offered $30 million as bounty for information to locate leaders of the Haqqani Network that is blamed for attacks on American and NATO forces in Afghanistan.
The US State Department is posting a reward of $5 million each for information on Aziz Haqqani, Khalil al-Rahman Haqqani, Yahya Haqqani and Abdul Rauf Zakir, while doubling the bounty to $10 million to
locate the group`s leader Sirajuddin Haqqani, Xinhua reported.
The Haqqani Network has been a foreign terrorist organisation since September 2012.
The group operates from both sides of the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, and US officials believe it is based in Pakistan`s Waziristan region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report