‘US open to wide-ranging engagement with Pak`
Washington: The United States has said it looks forward to intensive engagement with Pakistan on wide-ranging issues of mutual interest as Washington wants the bilateral relationship back on track.
"We want to get our relationship back on track. We look to the future of our relationship with Pakistan. So we look forward to more intensively engaging with them on a whole range of issues," The Dawn quoted State Department spokesman, Patrick Ventrell, as saying.
Ventrell did not list the issues of interest to both nations, but referred to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton`s meeting in a trilateral group with Pakistani and Afghan foreign ministers in Tokyo this month as an example of cooperation.
"We continue our intensive engagement with the Pakistanis, going forward," he said.
He added that the U.S. has been pleased at the opening of the Pakistani ground lines of communication for transporting NATO supplies into Afghanistan.
American officials, he said, are working with their Pakistani counterparts to clear the backlog of containers, as a result of the closure of the key Pakistani routes about seven months ago.
"We are talking about a lot of backlog, a number of containers, very significant amount of material. So, it`s going to take some time to find an efficient way to get them all through," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam