`US-Pak ties improving, but challenges remain`
Tehran: Pakistan’s Ambassador to Washington Hussain Haqqani has said that although the relationship between the US and Pakistan has improved, but there still remain challenges that need to be focused on.
The relationship between Pakistan and the US had soured following the raid that killed former al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, but it worsened recently after the US insisted that the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has links with the Haqqani Network.
Although Haqqani indicated the existence of challenges between the two countries, he insisted that relations were returning to normalcy through quiet diplomacy, the Daily Times reports.
He said that officials from both sides have begun to tone down the tough rhetoric.
“Both Islamabad and Washington realise they need each other and a strong, positive bilateral relationship is in the best interest of the two countries and their people,” he added.
Haqqani stressed that democratic institutions were working to secure Pakistan’s interests in the country’s relations with the international community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video