US pledges USD 1,050,000 to support rehabilitation in Nepal
Kathmandu: The US has pledged USD 1,050,000 to support Nepal`s peace process and the post-conflict rehabilitation efforts of the government.
US Ambassador Peter W Bodde today signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction, committing the contribution by the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The contribution will go to the Nepal Peace Trust Fund (NPTF) and the Technical Cooperation Pool for Capacity Development (TC Pool), said a statement by the US embassy.
USAID`s initial commitment is USD 550,000 to the TC Pool and USD 500,000 to the NPTF, for a total contribution to the MoPR of USD 1,050,000.
The assistance will support conflict-affected communities, transitional justice, future elections, public infrastructure reconstruction, and other peace commitments.
As part of the TC Pool, USAID will also hire a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor who will serve to strengthen the ongoing work within the Ministry and Peace Fund Secretariat gender units and address gender and inclusion.
"The US Government`s partnership with the Government of Nepal in this effort further demonstrates our commitment to helping the people of Nepal realise the benefits of peace and the promise of prosperity.
"We recognise the Ministry`s and the Peace Fund Secretariat`s work to implement the commitments of the 2006 Comprehensive Peace Accord through the Fund`s programming," said Ambassador Bodde.
Nepal is the first and only country to lead a joint donor- host government trust fund.
Since its inception in 2007, the NPTF has funded Government of Nepal institutions to implement Comprehensive Peace Accord programmes such as support to conflict-affected people, elections, cantonment management, and infrastructure reconstruction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door