US provides $400,000 grant to Pak for developing cold storage
Washington: Islamabad received a grant of nearly USD 400,000 from the US to establish a network of cold storage facilities at strategic locations in five key urban areas in Pakistan.
The USD 392,328 grant by the US Trade and Development Agency will fund a feasibility study to advance the required storage infrastructure for perishable food products that would help improving both food security and producers` access to agricultural markets in Pakistan, a media release said.
The grant was conferred during a signing ceremony held at USTDA`s Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia.
"It reflects USTDA`s strategy in Pakistan to create mutually beneficial relationships for expanding economic relations and opening markets to greater trade," USTDA Acting Director Leocadia Zak during the signing event.
The study will facilitate the establishment of a full-scale and sustainable cold chain business enterprise in Pakistan that addresses technological improvements, determination of post-harvest capabilities, and the viability of the network`s business plan, the release added.
The World Food Logistics Organization (WFLO), one of the four founding members of the Global Cold Chain Alliance and an established non-profit organisation specialising in food logistics, will perform the feasibility study.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?