US providing aid to flood victims in Pak: Official
Washington: The US is providing relief
material and aid to the flood affected people of Pakistan following an appeal in this regard from its Prime Minister, a US official has said.
"In response to Pakistan`s September 9 appeal, the US has
already swung into action, providing assistance to flood victims and internally displaced people," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"We have already started sending food assistance through
AID. Our assistance should reach about 346,000 Pakistanis,"
"We are also sending shelter and non-food items through
AID partners to reach about 5,500 families. And we are also
providing medical services to reach about 500,000 Pakistanis,"
More than 200 people have been killed while over 500,000
affected by torrential rains in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal