US providing aid to flood victims in Pak: Official
Washington: The US is providing relief
material and aid to the flood affected people of Pakistan following an appeal in this regard from its Prime Minister, a US official has said.
"In response to Pakistan`s September 9 appeal, the US has
already swung into action, providing assistance to flood victims and internally displaced people," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"We have already started sending food assistance through
AID. Our assistance should reach about 346,000 Pakistanis,"
"We are also sending shelter and non-food items through
AID partners to reach about 5,500 families. And we are also
providing medical services to reach about 500,000 Pakistanis,"
More than 200 people have been killed while over 500,000
affected by torrential rains in Pakistan.
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Sushmita Sen is Farah Khan's 'best heroine'!
- IIT Guwahati student found hanging at hostel room
- Hyundai Motors cars fitted with defective air bags?
- Jayalalithaa seeks PM's intervention for release of 34 fishermen held by Lanka
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...