US providing aid to flood victims in Pak: Official
Washington: The US is providing relief
material and aid to the flood affected people of Pakistan following an appeal in this regard from its Prime Minister, a US official has said.
"In response to Pakistan`s September 9 appeal, the US has
already swung into action, providing assistance to flood victims and internally displaced people," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"We have already started sending food assistance through
AID. Our assistance should reach about 346,000 Pakistanis,"
"We are also sending shelter and non-food items through
AID partners to reach about 5,500 families. And we are also
providing medical services to reach about 500,000 Pakistanis,"
More than 200 people have been killed while over 500,000
affected by torrential rains in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what