US pushing Pak for action against LeT: Hillary
Washington: The Obama administration is
pressing Pakistan persistently to take action against LeT that
is responsible for the Mumbai terror attack, US Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton said today but refrained from committing
to make this a part of the US scorecard on Pakistan, as sought
by a Congressional committee.
Clinton said the US would continue to press Pakistan over
its failure to bring to book those responsible for 26/11 but
any move to link this action to aid needed consideration.
"I do not want to commit at this time to taking such a
path because I think it`s important that there be further
consideration of all of the implications," Clinton said at a
Congressional hearing on Afghanistan and Pakistan.
"Every time we meet with the Pakistanis, we press them on
LeT about the continuing failure, in our view, to fulfill all
of the requirements necessary for prosecution related to the
Mumbai attacks and we will continue to do so," she said.
Clinton was responding to a question from influential
Congressman Ed Royce, who is also the co-chair of the India
Caucus in the House of Representatives.
Clinton also said that India was trying to improve ties
with Pakistan and any US policy on the issue has to be
coordinated with the country.
"Well, of course, we worry about that very, very much. We
discuss it in great depth with our Indian counterparts,
because it is, first and foremost, a concern of theirs.
"It is obviously also concerning to us, but we have
designated them. We are, you know, certainly raising their
continuing presence and activities on a regular basis,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!