US seeking info that can convict Hafiz Saeed in court of law
Washington: The US on Saturday said it continues to seek information on LeT founder and 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed that can convict him in the court of law.
However, it refused to comment on the detailed interview given by the Mumbai attack mastermind, arguing that it does not want to "dignify" someone on which the US has declared a reward of USD 10 million for information leading to his conviction.
"I`m not going to, you know, dignify the interview with a detailed response," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
Nuland said that Rewards for Justice Proposal that was put out against Saeed last year is not a bounty.
"What it`s designed to do is to help obtain information leading to his arrest and conviction, so we`re looking for people to come forward, whether they are in Pakistan or anywhere else, with information that can stand up in court, can withstand judicial scrutiny in US or a foreign court and help create the conviction, so that`s what this is about," the spokesperson said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’