US seeking info that can convict Hafiz Saeed in court of law
Washington: The US on Saturday said it continues to seek information on LeT founder and 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed that can convict him in the court of law.
However, it refused to comment on the detailed interview given by the Mumbai attack mastermind, arguing that it does not want to "dignify" someone on which the US has declared a reward of USD 10 million for information leading to his conviction.
"I`m not going to, you know, dignify the interview with a detailed response," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
Nuland said that Rewards for Justice Proposal that was put out against Saeed last year is not a bounty.
"What it`s designed to do is to help obtain information leading to his arrest and conviction, so we`re looking for people to come forward, whether they are in Pakistan or anywhere else, with information that can stand up in court, can withstand judicial scrutiny in US or a foreign court and help create the conviction, so that`s what this is about," the spokesperson said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez