US shares Jinnah`s goal of vibrant, self-reliant Pak
Washington: US shares Jinnah`s goal of a vibrant and self-reliant Pakistan, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said while conveying Washington`s Independence Day greetings to the government and people of the country.
"Muhammad Ali Jinnah dreamt of a vibrant, self-reliant Pakistan, a goal we all share," Clinton said in her Independence Day greetings to the people of Pakistan.
"On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I am delighted to send best wishes to the government and people of Pakistan as you celebrate the anniversary of your independence this August 14," she said.
"Since 1947, Pakistan has persevered in the face of immense challenges to build upon the democratic ideals of your country’s founders," she said.
"Today, we take time to honour your sacrifices and renew our support for a stable and secure Pakistan for generations to come," Clinton said.
"As Muslims around the world reflect upon the meaning of community and sacrifice during this holy month of Ramadan, the United States celebrates the hardworking Pakistanis who strive to fulfill Jinnah`s vision of a stable, secure, and prosperous Pakistan," the Secretary of State said in her statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra