US should have informed Pak about Osama raid: Ron Paul
Washington: US Representative Ron Paul (R-Texas) has refused to back down from his earlier comments about Osama bin Laden, saying the Obama administration should have relied on the Pakistani government to arrest the killed al-Qaeda leader and turn him over to US authorities.
"Why are we having trouble with the Pakistani government, why are we stirring up a civil war in Pakistan? It``s because we`ve been bombing it," Paul said on "Fox News Sunday," Politico quoted him, as saying.
Paul, who is running again for the Republican presidential nomination, said US violated the principles of non-interventionist foreign policy by raiding bin laden without Pakistan’s prior knowledge.
"I``m saying that when you bomb a country, you violate their national security and sovereignty. We``re doing that [in Pakistan]. At the same time, we``re giving them billions of dollars. And you wonder why the [Pakistani] government gets in trouble with the people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!