‘US should pursue policy of trust to restore Pak cooperation’
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has called on the United States to pursue a policy of mutual respect and trust with Pakistan to restore cooperation between the two countries.
Sharif said this during a farewell call made on him by outgoing US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter.
According to the Daily Times, during the course of their meeting, Sharif emphasised on the need for the US to re-orient its policies towards Pakistan in a manner that the country``s democratic institutions could become stronger and its economy less dependent on foreign aid.
Munter spoke of his admiration for the people of Pakistan, and remarked that he was deeply impressed by the enormous changes taking place, which made him confident that the country is headed in the right direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming