‘US should pursue policy of trust to restore Pak cooperation’
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has called on the United States to pursue a policy of mutual respect and trust with Pakistan to restore cooperation between the two countries.
Sharif said this during a farewell call made on him by outgoing US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter.
According to the Daily Times, during the course of their meeting, Sharif emphasised on the need for the US to re-orient its policies towards Pakistan in a manner that the country``s democratic institutions could become stronger and its economy less dependent on foreign aid.
Munter spoke of his admiration for the people of Pakistan, and remarked that he was deeply impressed by the enormous changes taking place, which made him confident that the country is headed in the right direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq