‘US should pursue policy of trust to restore Pak cooperation’
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has called on the United States to pursue a policy of mutual respect and trust with Pakistan to restore cooperation between the two countries.
Sharif said this during a farewell call made on him by outgoing US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter.
According to the Daily Times, during the course of their meeting, Sharif emphasised on the need for the US to re-orient its policies towards Pakistan in a manner that the country``s democratic institutions could become stronger and its economy less dependent on foreign aid.
Munter spoke of his admiration for the people of Pakistan, and remarked that he was deeply impressed by the enormous changes taking place, which made him confident that the country is headed in the right direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog