US soldier shoots Afghan guard
Kabul: Afghan officials say an American soldier has shot and killed an Afghan guard at a base in the country`s north, apparently because the American thought his Afghan colleague was about to attack him.
Saripul province Police Chief Sayed Jahangir said on Sunday that the shooting resulted from a misunderstanding. He says the Afghan guard and the American soldier were arguing on Friday at the gate of a US base. Jahangir says the guard did not raise his weapon but the American thought he was about to do so and fired.
US military spokesman Lt Col Jimmie Cummings says US forces were "aware of an incident in northern Afghanistan" and were investigating. He declined to provide further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH