US soldier shoots Afghan guard
Kabul: Afghan officials say an American soldier has shot and killed an Afghan guard at a base in the country`s north, apparently because the American thought his Afghan colleague was about to attack him.
Saripul province Police Chief Sayed Jahangir said on Sunday that the shooting resulted from a misunderstanding. He says the Afghan guard and the American soldier were arguing on Friday at the gate of a US base. Jahangir says the guard did not raise his weapon but the American thought he was about to do so and fired.
US military spokesman Lt Col Jimmie Cummings says US forces were "aware of an incident in northern Afghanistan" and were investigating. He declined to provide further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!