US soldier shoots Afghan guard
Kabul: Afghan officials say an American soldier has shot and killed an Afghan guard at a base in the country`s north, apparently because the American thought his Afghan colleague was about to attack him.
Saripul province Police Chief Sayed Jahangir said on Sunday that the shooting resulted from a misunderstanding. He says the Afghan guard and the American soldier were arguing on Friday at the gate of a US base. Jahangir says the guard did not raise his weapon but the American thought he was about to do so and fired.
US military spokesman Lt Col Jimmie Cummings says US forces were "aware of an incident in northern Afghanistan" and were investigating. He declined to provide further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?