US soldier shoots Afghan guard
Kabul: Afghan officials say an American soldier has shot and killed an Afghan guard at a base in the country`s north, apparently because the American thought his Afghan colleague was about to attack him.
Saripul province Police Chief Sayed Jahangir said on Sunday that the shooting resulted from a misunderstanding. He says the Afghan guard and the American soldier were arguing on Friday at the gate of a US base. Jahangir says the guard did not raise his weapon but the American thought he was about to do so and fired.
US military spokesman Lt Col Jimmie Cummings says US forces were "aware of an incident in northern Afghanistan" and were investigating. He declined to provide further details.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'