US soldier shoots Afghan guard
Kabul: Afghan officials say an American soldier has shot and killed an Afghan guard at a base in the country`s north, apparently because the American thought his Afghan colleague was about to attack him.
Saripul province Police Chief Sayed Jahangir said on Sunday that the shooting resulted from a misunderstanding. He says the Afghan guard and the American soldier were arguing on Friday at the gate of a US base. Jahangir says the guard did not raise his weapon but the American thought he was about to do so and fired.
US military spokesman Lt Col Jimmie Cummings says US forces were "aware of an incident in northern Afghanistan" and were investigating. He declined to provide further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati