US soldiers accused of posing with Afghan corpse
Seattle: The German news organization Der Spiegel has published photographs showing two US soldiers posing with an Afghan corpse.
Army investigators looking into the deaths of three Afghan civilians last year seized gruesome photographs kept by troops as trophies. Five soldiers based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord south of Seattle are charged with murder.
In one photograph published on Sunday, Cpl Jeremy Morlock, of Wasilla, Alaska, grins as he lifts the head of a corpse by the hair. In another, Pvt 1st Class Andrew Holmes, of Boise, Idaho, poses with the same corpse.
A third shows two apparently dead men propped against a pillar.
The Army says the photos depict "actions repugnant to us as human beings and contrary to the standards and values of the United States Army”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you