US soldiers accused of posing with Afghan corpse
Seattle: The German news organization Der Spiegel has published photographs showing two US soldiers posing with an Afghan corpse.
Army investigators looking into the deaths of three Afghan civilians last year seized gruesome photographs kept by troops as trophies. Five soldiers based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord south of Seattle are charged with murder.
In one photograph published on Sunday, Cpl Jeremy Morlock, of Wasilla, Alaska, grins as he lifts the head of a corpse by the hair. In another, Pvt 1st Class Andrew Holmes, of Boise, Idaho, poses with the same corpse.
A third shows two apparently dead men propped against a pillar.
The Army says the photos depict "actions repugnant to us as human beings and contrary to the standards and values of the United States Army”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened