US to deduct Pak aid for every ISI-caused death?
Washington: US Congressman Dana Rohrabacher has introduced a Pakistan Terrorism Accountability (PTA) bill that proposes to deduct 50 million dollars from US aid to Islamabad every time an American is killed "as a result of actions of the ISI".
For each person killed, 50 million dollars would be subtracted from the 2.2 billion dollars US foreign assistance to Pakistan, and given to the victim`s family, reports The News.
"Of the amounts made available for assistance to Pakistan for fiscal year 2013 or any subsequent fiscal year, the President shall withhold $50 million for each United States citizen who is killed as a result of actions of Pakistan`s ISI or support provided by the ISI to other organisations or individuals, including the Haqqani Network," the bill said.
"For too long America has funded the Pakistani government, giving it free money, while elements of the ISI and Pakistan`s military operate radical Islamic groups that are actively murdering Americans. Americans will not accept this," Rohrabacher said.
"Pakistan has for decades leveraged radical terrorist groups to carry out attacks in India and Afghanistan," he added.
"Pakistan helped to create the Taliban, and Pakistan`s intelligence service hid Osama bin Laden from the U.S. for years. Today, one of the most dangerous and sophisticated groups killing American troops in Afghanistan is the Haqqani Network, which is closely operated by the Pakistani government," Rohrabacher alleged.
Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, had said the ISI directed the Haqqani Network to plan and conduct "the assault on our embassy (in September 2011)”.
“We also have credible evidence that they were behind the June 28 attack at the Inter-Continental Hotel in Kabul," he added.
According to the legislation, the ISI maintains control and influence in Afghanistan through militant Islamic networks, such as the Haqqani Network, in order to secure its strategic position and expand its sphere of influence, not only in Afghanistan, but also in Kashmir and against India.
Asserting that ISI has strong links with the Haqqani network, the legislation says that it shall be the policy of the US to limit its foreign assistance to Pakistan if the country’s military or intelligence services continue to support or provide assistance to organisations that target US citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday