US to hold Pak accountable on many issues: Hillary
Washington: The United States is pushing Pakistan on a ‘range of issues’, on which it will be held accountable, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said.
In her remarks at the Centre for American Progress, Hillary said that the US had no choice but to work with Pakistan in trying to stabilise Afghanistan.
“Everybody knows Pakistan has a big stake in the outcome of what goes on across their border, and they are going to be involved one way or the other,” The Nation quoted Hillary, as saying.
“Part of what we’ve done is to continue to push forward on what our expectations are from Pakistan and hold them accountable on a range of issues that we have laid out for them… Therefore, we are deeply engaged in finding ways to enhance cooperation with Pakistan and to further the Afghan desire for a legitimate peace and reconciliation process,” she added.
Pakistan has to be part of the solution, or they will continue to be part of the problem, she said in response to a question after a lecture on American Global Leadership.
“And, therefore, as frustrating as it is, we just keep everyday going at it and I think we make very slow, sometimes barely discernible progress, but we’re moving in the right direction,” she added.
Her comments came amid continuing tensions between the US and Pakistan, exacerbated by Washington publicly accusing the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) of supporting a militant attack on the US embassy in Kabul on September 13, an allegation that Islamabad has vigorously denied.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today