US to replace Pak`s P3C Orions: Report
Islamabad: The US will supply two P3C
Orion maritime surveillance planes to Pakistan to replace the
aircraft that were destroyed in a terrorist strike on Karachi
naval airbase last month, a media report said on Friday.
Quoting diplomatic sources Dawn news said, "The US has
decided to supply two P3C Orion aircraft to Pakistan to
replace the aircraft that were destroyed in the PNS Mehran
attack on May 22nd."
"The US will also be supplying F-16 aircraft and its
spare parts," it said.
Moreover, it is also expected that the chairman of the
US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen will soon be
The destruction of the two four-engine all-weather P3C
Orion aircraft had temporarily affected Pakistan Navy`s
counter-terrorism and surface and underwater reconnaissance
operations, it added.
The aircraft is designed for surface and underwater
reconnaissance and anti-submarine and anti-surface vessel
It is rated as the fastest turbo-prop long-range
maritime patrol (LRMP) platform used worldwide and is also
called the airborne destroyer.
Heavily-armed Taliban gunmen had stormed Mehran
airbase in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, destroying two
US-made surveillance aircraft and killing at least five
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price