US to secure release of abducted national in Pak
Washington: US is trying to secure the safe release of its citizen, who was abducted by insurgents in Pakistan last week, the State Department said.
"America`s priority at the moment is to secure the safe release of its citizen, abducted from his home in Lahore last week," Victoria Nuland, State Department spokesperson told reporters.
"The Pakistanis are conducting a robust investigation, that it is their investigation but the FBI, our guys on the ground in Pakistan, have been collaborating. Our view is that that cooperation is excellent. We are providing full consular support to the family as well," she said.
Nuland said it was hard to evaluate what lessons one might draw from it "until we have more information about the situation". But the Pakistani government is cooperating fully with us in trying to find him on the civilian side, she said.
"We consider it very important to continue these programs which are designed to strengthen Pakistan`s democracy, economically, political, to have the kinds of educational and other forms of assistance that will support Pakistan`s own desire to have a strong democracy going forward," the US official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!