US to train NWFP cops on counter-terrorism
Peshawar: The United States will train North West Frontier Police in counter-terrorism at what is being touted as Pakistan’s biggest police training centre.
The centre, which is yet to be set up, will be situated in Hund area of Swabi District, a source privy to developments told The Nation.
He said that local as well as American instructors would impart training to police staff ranging from constables to deputy superintendent of police, superintendent of police and deputy inspector generals.
The advanced anti-terrorist training course is said to be the area is which foreigners have demonstrated extra interest.
A police official said provincial police department has kicked off homework and initially it can cost up to half of a billion rupees.
A Deputy Inspector General of Police will supervise the training centre once it starts functioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre