US to train NWFP cops on counter-terrorism
Peshawar: The United States will train North West Frontier Police in counter-terrorism at what is being touted as Pakistan’s biggest police training centre.
The centre, which is yet to be set up, will be situated in Hund area of Swabi District, a source privy to developments told The Nation.
He said that local as well as American instructors would impart training to police staff ranging from constables to deputy superintendent of police, superintendent of police and deputy inspector generals.
The advanced anti-terrorist training course is said to be the area is which foreigners have demonstrated extra interest.
A police official said provincial police department has kicked off homework and initially it can cost up to half of a billion rupees.
A Deputy Inspector General of Police will supervise the training centre once it starts functioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16