US vows to stand with Pakistan
Washington: The United States on Friday vowed to stand with “the people of Pakistan” while strongly condemning a terrorist attack on civilians in which at least 89 people were killed and 83 injured.
Pakistan had a bloody start this year when a suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden vehicle into a crowded volleyball playground at Shah Hasankhel village, located 25 km from Lakki Marwat in the southern part of North West Frontier Province.
Condemning the attack, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement: "The United States will continue to stand with the people of Pakistan in their efforts to chart their own future free from fear and intimidation, and will support their efforts to combat violent extremism and bolster democracy."
Offering condolences to the families of the victims and all people of Pakistan, she said: “The Pakistani people have seen terrorists target schools, markets, mosques and now a volleyball game”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon