US vows to stand with Pakistan
Washington: The United States on Friday vowed to stand with “the people of Pakistan” while strongly condemning a terrorist attack on civilians in which at least 89 people were killed and 83 injured.
Pakistan had a bloody start this year when a suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden vehicle into a crowded volleyball playground at Shah Hasankhel village, located 25 km from Lakki Marwat in the southern part of North West Frontier Province.
Condemning the attack, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement: "The United States will continue to stand with the people of Pakistan in their efforts to chart their own future free from fear and intimidation, and will support their efforts to combat violent extremism and bolster democracy."
Offering condolences to the families of the victims and all people of Pakistan, she said: “The Pakistani people have seen terrorists target schools, markets, mosques and now a volleyball game”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly