US vows to stand with Pakistan
Washington: The United States on Friday vowed to stand with “the people of Pakistan” while strongly condemning a terrorist attack on civilians in which at least 89 people were killed and 83 injured.
Pakistan had a bloody start this year when a suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden vehicle into a crowded volleyball playground at Shah Hasankhel village, located 25 km from Lakki Marwat in the southern part of North West Frontier Province.
Condemning the attack, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement: "The United States will continue to stand with the people of Pakistan in their efforts to chart their own future free from fear and intimidation, and will support their efforts to combat violent extremism and bolster democracy."
Offering condolences to the families of the victims and all people of Pakistan, she said: “The Pakistani people have seen terrorists target schools, markets, mosques and now a volleyball game”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list