US vows to stand with Pakistan
Washington: The United States on Friday vowed to stand with “the people of Pakistan” while strongly condemning a terrorist attack on civilians in which at least 89 people were killed and 83 injured.
Pakistan had a bloody start this year when a suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden vehicle into a crowded volleyball playground at Shah Hasankhel village, located 25 km from Lakki Marwat in the southern part of North West Frontier Province.
Condemning the attack, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement: "The United States will continue to stand with the people of Pakistan in their efforts to chart their own future free from fear and intimidation, and will support their efforts to combat violent extremism and bolster democracy."
Offering condolences to the families of the victims and all people of Pakistan, she said: “The Pakistani people have seen terrorists target schools, markets, mosques and now a volleyball game”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?