US wants cooperative, strong and democratic Pak: Nuland
Washington: The US wants a strong and democratic Pakistan that works well with the international community in addressing the terror challenge, a senior US official said.
"We want to see a strong, democratic Pakistan that works well with us and the international community in addressing the terror challenges it has," State Department Spokesperson Victoria Nuland said at a press conference yesterday.
The US is re-engaged with Pakistan after some period now, she said, adding that Washington is trying to get their working groups and other things back up and running to support their joint efforts to meet the terror challenge.
"That`s the trajectory that we`re on," Nuland said.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today